250g flour (I use about 60% wholemeal)
140g coconut sugar
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp speculoos spices (either get a mix in Belgium from Dille & Kamille or it is a mix of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, coriander, cardamon)
4 dessert spoons almond milk
... quite handy to have an elf helper too!
- preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices into a large bowl
- cut the butter into small squares and add to the bowl - rub it into the mixture
- add the milk and mix together into a ball
- roll out the pasty (using some extra flour to stop sticking) and put out shapes with a pastry cutter... here you definitely need elf help
- Place biscuits on grease proof paper/baking paper on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-15 mins.
- Cool them on a wire tray - at this moment they will become crunchy